This email address can be used safely.
This email address isn't used to receive emails.
Common questions about the Email Verifier
Can a "valid" email address bounce?
The verifications are never totally sure, but we can guarantee that more than 95% of "valid" email addresses won't bounce.
What does it mean when an email address is marked "Accept all"?
When you perform an Email Verification, the result might be "accept all". Some email servers accept all the email addresses on the same domain name, whether they have actually been created or not. In this case, we can't make sure the tested email address actually exists and return the "accept all" status.
To help you decide whether it's safe to use the email address, we also return a confidence score in percentage.
Does it send an email to do the verification?
The email checker does the validation without sending an email, by directly connecting to the SMTP server.
Is the Email Verifier free?
When logged in, all the verifications that return an "Accept all" status are processed for free. In other cases, one verification costs one request.
What do you check for when verifying emails?
This is the list of the verifications we perform:
- Valid format: First, we verify the format of the email address is correct and looks something like "email@example.com".
- Gibberish Email Address: We check to ensure the address doesn't look like a random email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org doesn't pass the test.
- Disposable Email Address: We check if the email address has a domain name used for temporary email addresses.
- Webmail Email Addresses: We verify if the email address uses a webmail like Gmail or Yahoo.
- Presence of MX Records: We check if there are MX records on the domain. If there aren't, the email address can't receive emails.
- Presence of SMTP Server: This check is successful if we are able to connect to the SMTP server (indicated in MX records).
- SMTP Check: We test the email address and see if it bounces or not, without sending an email.
- Accept-all Domain: We check if the server has a catch-all policy which accepts all the email addresses.